RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Planned Parenthood rallies at RNC
Posted Jun 5, 2012 by Kevin Wiatrowski
Updated Jun 5, 2012 at 02:09 PM
Planned Parenthood of Southwest and Central Florida plans to hold a rally in downtown Tampa during the RNC.
In a permit application released Tuesday by the city, the controversial group—a popular target for Republican attacks—has asked to rally at Plant Park on the University of Tampa campus. The rally would be from 1 to 5 p.m. Aug. 29.
It’s not clear whether the organization will get to use Plant Park. The name was written into the permit application, which includes parks downtown but not Plant Park.
The University of Tampa says on its Web site it won’t open the park to unauthorized groups. The RNC overlaps with UT’s first week of classes.