Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Mike Salinero has covered Hillsborough County government since 2007. Email
Reporter James L. Rosica covers state government from the Tribune's Tallahassee bureau. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Scott abandoning stance in favor of Medicaid expansion?
- Bondi’s Democratic challengers trail in fundraising
- Scott files for re-election
- Crist first month total: $3 million
- Gardiner chosen as next Fla. Senate president
- Bondi’s committees now have raised more than $1 million
- First David Jolly ad touts his local ties, but could be fodder for critics
- Sources: Crist’s new campaign manager is gone
- Clark to ignore Detzner absentee directive for D 13 race
- Murman also uncertain about LG job
- Dems cry voter suppression, election supes unhappy, over new absentee rule
- Crist raises first million; Scott now over $25 million
- House and Senate bills would regulate parasailing
- Castor to raise $$ for Sink
- Two candidates left on Gov. Scott’s ‘short list’ for Lt. Gov.
On Jan. 19, give your gun a hug
Posted Jan 7, 2013 by William March
Updated Jan 7, 2013 at 05:52 PM
A coalition of gun rights groups has proclaimed Jan. 19 “Gun Appreciation Day” in response to what it says is the Obama administration’s intent to “gut” 2nd Amendment rights.
“Gun Appreciation Day is expected to rival ‘Chick-fil-A Day’ as a public statement of protest against government policies,” said the organization’s news release .
It urges members to go to gun stores, gun counters, gun shows, and gun ranges “to protest the Obama administration’s post Sandy Hook assault on gun rights.”