RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Scott gets Q poll bump; Schale says “No biggie”
- Kentucky’s Beshear responds to Scott
- Lawmakers have sent all of this year’s bills to governor
- Scott next targets Kentucky to entice businesses, jobs
- Rangel, Clelland criticize Rouson
- Tant: J-J dinner raises $850,000, 1,300 attendees
- Fla. lawmaker on honeymoon when news breaks of ethics violation
- Scott vetoes mental health bill
- Curry: Maybe I’ll rent Rich a room
- Scott takes another jab at Nelson over sequestration and Nat’l Guard troops
- Legislature releases 2013-14 pre-session committee schedule
- New PhD now Ag Dept’s top economist
- Governor outlaws distribution of porn on school grounds
- Gov. Scott signs 34 more bills into law
- Scionti, Vance to run for judgeship
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office officials have identified a man who left his gun in a movie theater restroom as a 13-year veteran of the force.
Heavy rain stopped the Tampa Bay Rays-Boston Red Sox game at Fenway Park in the bottom of the fifth inning with the Red Sox leading 4-1, making it an official game.
The White Magnolia Bridal Collection, opening this summer, will have gowns priced from $1,300 to $4,000.
A boat hit a wake, throwing two fishermen into Tampa Bay, then turned in a tight circle without an operator for more than hour before running out of fuel.
Occupy, ACLU oppose Tampa clean zone
Posted Apr 5, 2012 by Kevin Wiatrowski
Updated Apr 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Occupy Tampa protesters and others spent and hour this morning venting their worries about the “clean zone” ordinance Mayor Bob Buckhorn has proposed for the Republic National Convention.
“It sets a horrific precedent about what we’re willing to tolerate as citizens of the United States,” said speaker Maria Agusto.
Former City Councilman John Dingfelder, now lead attorney for the Tampa office of the ACLU, urged Council to slow down and consider the proposal at workshops.
“There’s no urgency on this.”