RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- St. Leo University poll: Crist 46, Scott 34
- Scott abandoning stance in favor of Medicaid expansion?
- Bondi’s Democratic challengers trail in fundraising
- Scott files for re-election
- Crist first month total: $3 million
- Gardiner chosen as next Fla. Senate president
- Bondi’s committees now have raised more than $1 million
- First David Jolly ad touts his local ties, but could be fodder for critics
- Sources: Crist’s new campaign manager is gone
- Clark to ignore Detzner absentee directive for D 13 race
- Murman also uncertain about LG job
- Dems cry voter suppression, election supes unhappy, over new absentee rule
- Crist raises first million; Scott now over $25 million
- House and Senate bills would regulate parasailing
- Castor to raise $$ for Sink
Occupy, ACLU oppose Tampa clean zone
Posted Apr 5, 2012 by Kevin Wiatrowski
Updated Apr 5, 2012 at 10:32 AM
Occupy Tampa protesters and others spent and hour this morning venting their worries about the “clean zone” ordinance Mayor Bob Buckhorn has proposed for the Republic National Convention.
“It sets a horrific precedent about what we’re willing to tolerate as citizens of the United States,” said speaker Maria Agusto.
Former City Councilman John Dingfelder, now lead attorney for the Tampa office of the ACLU, urged Council to slow down and consider the proposal at workshops.
“There’s no urgency on this.”