Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Mike Salinero has covered Hillsborough County government since 2007. Email
Reporter James L. Rosica covers state government from the Tribune's Tallahassee bureau. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- St. Leo University poll: Crist 46, Scott 34
- Scott abandoning stance in favor of Medicaid expansion?
- Bondi’s Democratic challengers trail in fundraising
- Scott files for re-election
- Crist first month total: $3 million
- Gardiner chosen as next Fla. Senate president
- Bondi’s committees now have raised more than $1 million
- First David Jolly ad touts his local ties, but could be fodder for critics
- Sources: Crist’s new campaign manager is gone
- Clark to ignore Detzner absentee directive for D 13 race
- Murman also uncertain about LG job
- Dems cry voter suppression, election supes unhappy, over new absentee rule
- Crist raises first million; Scott now over $25 million
- House and Senate bills would regulate parasailing
- Castor to raise $$ for Sink
Obama to open state hq in Ybor
Posted Feb 21, 2012 by William March
Updated Feb 21, 2012 at 04:42 PM
President Barack Obama’s re-election campaign has moved into its new state headquarters at 1215 E 6th Ave. in Tampa’s Ybor City.
Since soon after Obama’s election, his volunteer and grassroots outreach effort, known as Organizing for America, has had its state headquarters nearby at 1702 N 14th Street. That location will continue to serve as a base for volunteer activities and voter outreach efforts, the campaign said.
Obama also had his Florida state headquarters in Ybor City in 2008.