Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Obama to announce regional small business program in tampa
Posted Apr 13, 2012 by William March
Updated Apr 13, 2012 at 12:52 PM
In his speech in Tampa today, President Barack Obama will announce an initiative to promote small businesses throughout the Western Hemisphere, including loan guarantees.
The purpose of the initiative, the Small Business Network of the Americas, is to “promote and support job creation in small and medium-sized enterprises and encourage greater trade among these businesses throughout the Western Hemisphere,” A White House announcement said.
It will including expanding an existing, multi-national network of small business development centers; encouraging private sector lending, and helping U.S. businesses establish partnerships with overseas businesses.
The press release says the initiative will provide “up to $100 million in loan guarantees to encourage financial institutions in the region to increase lending to small business development center clients” and other small businesses.