Numbers tell the story, and we’ve got your numbers.
The News Center work group known as the Data Circle is your guide through the world of what counts. And what can be counted.
We’ll find the figures and show the patterns that explain life here in Tampa Bay-from amusement parks to zoo animals, with government salaries and big water users in between.
If it’s facts you want, we’ll find them for you. Shoot us an email.
Joyce joined The Tampa Tribune as senior editor for metro in 2005 and later helped launch TBO.com’s continuous news desk. He has worked as an editor and reporter in Arizona, Kentucky, Virginia, Idaho and Stuart, Fla. Email
Scullin has worked for The Tampa Tribune since 2005, directing news coverage in Pasco County and serving as the paper’s Sunday editor. He has worked as an editor and reporter in Lakeland, Sarasota, North Carolina and California. Email
Courtney Cairns Pastor
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Number of the day, $13.72: Payout for each lottery dollar spent at luckiest store
Posted Nov 21, 2011 by Dennis Joyce
Updated Nov 21, 2011 at 10:14 AM
Tribune reporter Lindsay Peterson pried five years worth of data from the state lottery last year for a project called, “How the lottery plays you.”
It’s worth reprising one of the more useful findings from that effort: Where you can find the luckiest lottery stores.
Here’s a list of the Hillsborough County retailers that paid out the most money for each dollar spent on the lottery there in 2009.
- College Hill Pharmacy, 3503 N 22nd Street, $13.72
- Price Buster Food Center, 3412 W Baker St., $5.62
- J & J Wine & Spirits, 13904 W Hillsborough Ave., 3.89
- Metro Market @ Kennedy, 4650 W Kennedy Blvd., $3.38
- Kmart #4245, 8245 N. Florida Ave., $3.04