Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Mother of fallen Marine Kenefick Responds to Reports of Ambush Commanders Being Sacked
Posted Nov 19, 2011 by Howard Altman
Updated Nov 19, 2011 at 01:53 AM
Just got an email back from Susan Price of Riverview, mother of Aaron Kenefick, one of five Marines who would die from wounds received on Sept. 8, 2009 during the Ganjgal Valley ambush.
I am in contact with Congresswoman Kathy Hochul’s office from upstate NY where my family resides and my son is laid to rest….I will be meeting personally with her next wed as I leave for NY in a few days for the Thanksgiving Holiday.
I have been in constant contact with her office and the goings ons of this tragedy.
There is no other investigation, this was a ploy to keep her at bay so she would be stalled from ordering and pushing for a Congressional Hearing which is what I am pushing for!!! Today she met with Marine and Army officials. (I will get a progress report on wed in person from her as I requested.)
She was told that one of the officers involved with this dereliction of duties possible 2 of the officers would be let go from the Army by the end of next month and not voluntarily I may add….that there are various compliance’s, training missions and administrations that have been changed due to the Ganjgal ambush.
I am told that a lot of these changes are possible because of the myself and [Charlene] Westbrook’s constant persistence in pushing these issues in front of big eyes and ears.