RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
More Permits Sought For RNC Week
Posted Jun 1, 2012 by Josh Poltilove
Updated Jun 1, 2012 at 02:06 PM
CSX Corporation is among the new applicants seeking a permit for an event during RNC week.
The rail corporation plans to have a private “CSX Rail Village” with 1,000 invited attendees during the dates of the convention. Part of that event will be on the sidewalk/right of way adjacent to North Meridian Avenue.
Meanwhile, Warehouse Productions LLC, which, according to its website specializes “in producing unique, large-scale events for corporate and private clients around the country,” filed applications to host warehouse parties at 801 and 811 N. Franklin St., as well as 1910 N. Ola Ave.
The private parties will have about 600 to 800 people in attendance and will run multiple days, according to the applications.