Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
MacDill Change of Command To Take Place July 27
Posted May 9, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated May 9, 2012 at 04:10 PM
At 8:54 a.m., Col. Lenny Richoux, base commander at MacDill Air Force Base, walked down the aisle at the base movie theater and introduced himself to the nearly 90 students gathered to take part in a program designed to help the kids understand what their parents go through when they deploy.
“I am like the principal at MacDill Air Force Base,” Richoux told the students, adding that, as the father of three, he understands their concerns.
The Contingency and Readiness Education, or CAREs, program has been taking place at MacDill since 2006. Richoux told the students that this will be his last.
On July 27, there will be a change of command ceremony and Richoux, who has been commander since July 9, 2010.
Richoux and his family are heading to Belgium for his next assignment.