Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Mike Salinero has covered Hillsborough County government since 2007. Email
Reporter James L. Rosica covers state government from the Tribune's Tallahassee bureau. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- St. Leo University poll: Crist 46, Scott 34
- Scott abandoning stance in favor of Medicaid expansion?
- Bondi’s Democratic challengers trail in fundraising
- Scott files for re-election
- Crist first month total: $3 million
- Gardiner chosen as next Fla. Senate president
- Bondi’s committees now have raised more than $1 million
- First David Jolly ad touts his local ties, but could be fodder for critics
- Sources: Crist’s new campaign manager is gone
- Clark to ignore Detzner absentee directive for D 13 race
- Murman also uncertain about LG job
- Dems cry voter suppression, election supes unhappy, over new absentee rule
- Crist raises first million; Scott now over $25 million
- House and Senate bills would regulate parasailing
- Castor to raise $$ for Sink
LeMieux names “grass roots team” in 67 counties
Posted Apr 24, 2012 by William March
Updated Apr 24, 2012 at 03:29 PM
Senate candidate George LeMieux has released a list of names of his “grass roots team,” backers in all 67 counties, including Terry Castro, Vicki Maddox and Tina Pike in Hillsborough.
In Pinellas, LeMieux named Tony DiMatteo and Nancy Riley, and in Pasco, he named Roger Whidden.
Pike is one of the three representatives of the county on the governing board of the state Republican Party. Maddox and Castro are both veteran local GOP activists.
DiMatteo was an early supporter of Marco Rubio against former Gov. Charlie Crist in the 2010 U.S. Senate primary.