Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Mike Salinero has covered Hillsborough County government since 2007. Email
Reporter James L. Rosica covers state government from the Tribune's Tallahassee bureau. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
LeMieux names “grass roots team” in 67 counties
Posted Apr 24, 2012 by William March
Updated Apr 24, 2012 at 03:29 PM
Senate candidate George LeMieux has released a list of names of his “grass roots team,” backers in all 67 counties, including Terry Castro, Vicki Maddox and Tina Pike in Hillsborough.
In Pinellas, LeMieux named Tony DiMatteo and Nancy Riley, and in Pasco, he named Roger Whidden.
Pike is one of the three representatives of the county on the governing board of the state Republican Party. Maddox and Castro are both veteran local GOP activists.
DiMatteo was an early supporter of Marco Rubio against former Gov. Charlie Crist in the 2010 U.S. Senate primary.