Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Honor Escort For SSgt. Matt Sitton Tomorrow Morning
Posted Aug 9, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated Aug 9, 2012 at 04:48 PM
The body of Army SSgt. Matthew S. Sitton of Largo will arrive at MacDill Air Force Base tomorrow at 10:10 a.m., according to the 6th Air Mobility Wing.
His arrival will be followed by an honor escort to the Hubbell Funeral Home at about 10:50 a.m.
Sitton, 26, of Largo, Fla., died Aug. 2, of wounds suffered when he encountered an enemy improvised explosive device in the Kandahar province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to the the 1st Battalion, 508th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 82nd Airborne Division, Fort Bragg, N.C
The escort will leave the base out of the Bayshore Gate, according to the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office.
The route, according to HCSO is:
North on Bayshore Boulevard
East on Platt St. Bridge
North on Florida Ave. (Left)
East on Jackson St. (Right)
North on N. Jefferson St. (Left)
East on Twiggs St. (Right)
North on Channelside Drive (Left)
East on SR 60
North on 22nd Street (Left)
West on I-4 (Left)
South on I-275
West on Ulmerton Rd.
North on Indian Rocks Rd. N. (Right)
Hubble Funeral Home on Right
499 N. Indian Rocks Rd.