Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Mike Salinero has covered Hillsborough County government since 2007. Email
Reporter James L. Rosica covers state government from the Tribune's Tallahassee bureau. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Hispanic caucus backs Clendenin
Posted Dec 14, 2012 by William March
Updated Dec 14, 2012 at 12:34 PM
Alan Clendenin has picked up a tough new opponent in his race for state Democratic Party chairman, but also a new endorsement from the state party Hispanic caucus.
The Democratic Hispanic Caucus of Florida voted to endorse Alan Clendenin during a meeting in Orlando Thursday night, according to a news release.
Clendenin got a new opponent in the race Thursday when prominent Tallahassee Democratic fundraiser Allison Tant was elected chairman of the Leon County Democratic Party, making her eligible to run for state party chairman.
Tant, a key supporter of President Barack Obama, has backing from national party figures including U.S. Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, who’s also national party chairman, and Florida Sen. Bill Nelson.