Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Hillary Clinton To Address U.S. Special Operations Command Conference in Tampa
Posted May 14, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated May 14, 2012 at 08:35 AM
With U.S. Special Operations Command in such great demand around the world, and often requiring permission from the State Department before engaging, folks in Tampa attending an upcoming special ops conference in Tampa will get to hear from the Secretary of State herself.
SOCCOM will host U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton as keynote speaker for the International Special Operations Forces Week conference Gala Dinner at the Tampa Convention Center Wednesday, May 23.
According to a media release:
USSOCOM commander Adm. William H. McRaven is inviting Special Operations Forces (SOF) delegates from 96 nations to the Tampa Convention Center for a conference focused on “Building the Global SOF Partnership.”
The Secretary will speak to the delegates as well as members of the U.S. SOF community and industry representatives for her keynote speech at the dinner.
The gala is at full capacity, and tickets are not available.