Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Firefighters Rally To Help Injured Marine Nick Battles
Posted Dec 4, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated Dec 4, 2012 at 04:00 PM
On Nov. 9, 2011, the 20-year-old son of a Tampa firefighter was severely injured on his last day of Marine boot camp.
The Hillsborough Firefighters Benevolent Assoc., is coordinating fundraising efforts on his behalf. Here’s a note from association president, Kelly Hallman:
Firefighter Justin Battles, with Tampa Fire Rescue, is in need of our help. His 18-year-old son Nick, a Marine, was injured on his last day of boot camp. He is now in a wheel chair and we are renovating their house so he can return home.
The Hillsborough Firefighters Benevolent Assoc. has already raised over $50,000 - including $49,000 from the Semper Fi Fund - but we still need more.
We are raffling off a “Superbowl Package” at $5.00 per ticket. The package includes a Sanyo 50” Plasma TV, 250 wings and 5 cases of beverages of your choice. The drawing will be on January 20, 2012 - 6:00pm at the Beef-O-Brady’s Northdale.
You do not have to be present to win.
Get your tickets at participating Beef-O-Brady’s or the Online Store at www.Firefighter-relief.com
We are going to have a fundraiser at Tampa Fire Rescue’s Fire Museum, Fri., Jan. 18. For more information about either event, contact B. Kelly Hallman, president, HFBA. 813-918-9337.