Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Col. DeThomas to Replace Col. Richoux as MacDill Base Commander
Posted May 10, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated May 10, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Here’s an update to the item I blogged yesterday about the upcoming Change of Command Ceremony at MacDill Air Force Base.
Base commander Col. Lenny Richoux will be turning over command to Col. Scott V. DeThomas, who is currently the Commander of the 387th Air Expeditionary Group in Kuwait City, Kuwait.
Richoux, as I reported, is headed to Belgium.
“I am moving to [Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe] in Mons, Belgium where I will be serving as the Special Assistant to the [Supreme Allied Commander Europe] and EUCOM Commander,” Richoux wrote in an email.
Before commanding the 387th AEG, DeThomas served as Chief of Strategy and Policy Division, North American Aerospace Command- United States North Command, Colo.