Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Mike Salinero has covered Hillsborough County government since 2007. Email
Reporter James L. Rosica covers state government from the Tribune's Tallahassee bureau. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- St. Leo University poll: Crist 46, Scott 34
- Scott abandoning stance in favor of Medicaid expansion?
- Bondi’s Democratic challengers trail in fundraising
- Scott files for re-election
- Crist first month total: $3 million
- Gardiner chosen as next Fla. Senate president
- Bondi’s committees now have raised more than $1 million
- First David Jolly ad touts his local ties, but could be fodder for critics
- Sources: Crist’s new campaign manager is gone
- Clark to ignore Detzner absentee directive for D 13 race
- Murman also uncertain about LG job
- Dems cry voter suppression, election supes unhappy, over new absentee rule
- Crist raises first million; Scott now over $25 million
- House and Senate bills would regulate parasailing
- Castor to raise $$ for Sink
Cain to speak at USF Thursday
Posted Apr 24, 2012 by William March
Updated Apr 24, 2012 at 01:24 PM
Former presidential candidate Herman Cain will make two appearances in Tampa Thursday, including a speech that’s free and open to the public at the University of South Florida Thursday.
The speech, sponsored by the USF College Republicans and student government, will be at 4:30 p.m. in the Patel Center for Global Studies auditorium. It will focus on his campaign experiences and his new organization, Cain’s Solutions Revolution. Cain will take audience questions afterward.
At 7:30 p.m., Cain will speak to a newly formed Republican women’s group called With Women We Win Federated at the Westshore Marriott. The dinner costs $45 per person or $75 per couple.