RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Bush talks technology in Tampa online discussion
Posted Aug 20, 2012 by Dennis Joyce
Updated Aug 20, 2012 at 01:14 PM
Former Florida Governor Jeb Bush will join a group discussing the growth of technology-based companies and the role of venture capital on Front Row Tampa Bay’s “Entrepreneur Ecosystem” airing Monday, August 27, at 12:15 p.m.
Led by Co-Anchor Kathy Fountain, the roundtable discussion will also feature Garrett Johnson, co-founder of SendHub; Peter Cherukuri, vice president and general manager of the D.C. bureau for The Huffington Post; and Heather Kenyon, CEO and president of the Tampa Bay Technology Forum.
“In order to develop a more diverse and sustainable economy, we must encourage and invest in the entrepreneurial efforts of local start-up companies,” Bush said in a news release.
The “Entrepreneur Ecosystem” segment will feature successful entrepreneurs in the Tampa region, as well as across the country. The group will also discuss the importance venture capitalists bring to entrepreneurs ready to start their own business.
Front Row Tampa Bay is a live streaming Web TV broadcast airing August 27-30 during the Republican National Convention that will showcase life, business and economic opportunities across the Tampa area. It is an initiative of the Tampa Bay Partnership, a public-private business development group.