RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Buckhorn: RNC is Tampa’s coming out party
Posted Jul 10, 2012 by Kevin Wiatrowski
Updated Jul 10, 2012 at 04:11 PM
Mayor Bob Buckhorn was featured Tuesday in a half-hour interview with Politico, a politics-based Website based in Washington, D.C.
The interview, which is here, was conducted by Politico’s chief White House correspondent Mike Allen.
It covered a lot of ground, from Buckhorn’s position as a Democrat hosting the Republican National Convention, to culture roots of Ybor City’s “La Septima/La Setima” sign debate.
But mostly the interview gave Buckhorn a chance to sell Tampa to a national audience as a place to visit and to invest.
“When this is said and done, the world will have a new view of Tampa, Florida,” Buckhorn told Allen. “It’s our coming-out party.”