RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Scott gets Q poll bump; Schale says “No biggie”
- Kentucky’s Beshear responds to Scott
- Lawmakers have sent all of this year’s bills to governor
- Scott next targets Kentucky to entice businesses, jobs
- Rangel, Clelland criticize Rouson
- Tant: J-J dinner raises $850,000, 1,300 attendees
- Fla. lawmaker on honeymoon when news breaks of ethics violation
- Scott vetoes mental health bill
- Curry: Maybe I’ll rent Rich a room
- Scott takes another jab at Nelson over sequestration and Nat’l Guard troops
- Legislature releases 2013-14 pre-session committee schedule
- New PhD now Ag Dept’s top economist
- Governor outlaws distribution of porn on school grounds
- Gov. Scott signs 34 more bills into law
- Scionti, Vance to run for judgeship
LOS ANGELES - James Gandolfini, whose portrayal of a brutal, emotionally delicate mob boss in HBO's "The Sopranos" helped create one of TV's greatest drama series and turned the mobster stereotype on...
TAMPA - Hillsborough County officials seemed to throw cold water Wednesday on a proposal to reconstruct the Friendship TrailBridge through a public-private partnership.
Enthusiastic commissioners approve the first piece of an incentive package they hope will persuade Amazon.com to build a 1-million-square-foot assembly and distribution center in the Ruskin area.
The thin funnel briefly dangled from a storm cloud over Old Tampa Bay between the Gandy and Howard Frankland bridges shortly after lunchtime.
Buckhorn: RNC is Tampa’s coming out party
Posted Jul 10, 2012 by Kevin Wiatrowski
Updated Jul 10, 2012 at 04:11 PM
Mayor Bob Buckhorn was featured Tuesday in a half-hour interview with Politico, a politics-based Website based in Washington, D.C.
The interview, which is here, was conducted by Politico’s chief White House correspondent Mike Allen.
It covered a lot of ground, from Buckhorn’s position as a Democrat hosting the Republican National Convention, to culture roots of Ybor City’s “La Septima/La Setima” sign debate.
But mostly the interview gave Buckhorn a chance to sell Tampa to a national audience as a place to visit and to invest.
“When this is said and done, the world will have a new view of Tampa, Florida,” Buckhorn told Allen. “It’s our coming-out party.”