RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
Buckhorn hits the road
Posted Jul 16, 2012 by Kevin Wiatrowski
Updated Jul 16, 2012 at 02:09 PM
Call it the RNC pre-game show.
Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn is on the road again this week, making the roads of national media outlets to talk up the RNC and Tampa.
Buckhorn flew out of Tampa International Monday morning heading to New York City. He’ll start hitting radio and TV chat shows 6:30 a.m.
The list of interviews includes “The Takeaway,” “Fox & Friends Show,” the Associated Press, Bloomberg’s “Bottom Line with Mark Crumpton Show” and “The Hays Advantage.”
Buckhorn takes Amtrak to Washington, D.C., tomorrow night.
On Wednesday, the interviews start again at 9 a.m. with ABC News. That will be followed by National Journal, The Washington Times, Financial Time and The Wall Street Journal.
The mayor heads back to Tampa Wednesday night.
This week’s trip comes on the heels of Buckhorn’s trip to DC last week to be interviewed by the website Politico.