RSS Feed of the blog
Reporter Ted Jackovics covers the RNC host committee. Email
Reporter William March has covered state and national politics since 1994. Email
Reporter Josh Poltilove covers RNC security and protests and the impact of the RNC throughout Tampa. Email
Florida Political Blogs:
Most Recent Entries
- Bondi’s Democratic challengers trail in fundraising
- Scott files for re-election
- Crist first month total: $3 million
- Gardiner chosen as next Fla. Senate president
- Bondi’s committees now have raised more than $1 million
- First David Jolly ad touts his local ties, but could be fodder for critics
- Sources: Crist’s new campaign manager is gone
- Clark to ignore Detzner absentee directive for D 13 race
- Murman also uncertain about LG job
- Dems cry voter suppression, election supes unhappy, over new absentee rule
- Crist raises first million; Scott now over $25 million
- House and Senate bills would regulate parasailing
- Castor to raise $$ for Sink
- Two candidates left on Gov. Scott’s ‘short list’ for Lt. Gov.
- Peters responds to DCCC flood insurance comments
Buckhorn hits the road
Posted Jul 16, 2012 by Kevin Wiatrowski
Updated Jul 16, 2012 at 02:09 PM
Call it the RNC pre-game show.
Tampa Mayor Bob Buckhorn is on the road again this week, making the roads of national media outlets to talk up the RNC and Tampa.
Buckhorn flew out of Tampa International Monday morning heading to New York City. He’ll start hitting radio and TV chat shows 6:30 a.m.
The list of interviews includes “The Takeaway,” “Fox & Friends Show,” the Associated Press, Bloomberg’s “Bottom Line with Mark Crumpton Show” and “The Hays Advantage.”
Buckhorn takes Amtrak to Washington, D.C., tomorrow night.
On Wednesday, the interviews start again at 9 a.m. with ABC News. That will be followed by National Journal, The Washington Times, Financial Time and The Wall Street Journal.
The mayor heads back to Tampa Wednesday night.
This week’s trip comes on the heels of Buckhorn’s trip to DC last week to be interviewed by the website Politico.