Most Recent Entries
- St. Leo University poll: Crist 46, Scott 34
- Scott abandoning stance in favor of Medicaid expansion?
- Bondi’s Democratic challengers trail in fundraising
- Scott files for re-election
- Crist first month total: $3 million
- Gardiner chosen as next Fla. Senate president
- Bondi’s committees now have raised more than $1 million
- First David Jolly ad touts his local ties, but could be fodder for critics
- Sources: Crist’s new campaign manager is gone
- Clark to ignore Detzner absentee directive for D 13 race
- Murman also uncertain about LG job
- Dems cry voter suppression, election supes unhappy, over new absentee rule
- Crist raises first million; Scott now over $25 million
- House and Senate bills would regulate parasailing
- Castor to raise $$ for Sink
Bilirakis Hosts Tarpon Springs Job Fair For Vets and Servicemembers
Posted May 18, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated May 18, 2012 at 09:57 PM
Looking for ways to cope with the challenges of reintegrating to civilian life? There’s a place to go on this Military Appreciation Day.
Rep. Gus Bilirakis (R-Palm Harbor), Vice Chairman of the House Veterans’ Affairs Committee, is host his annual Military & Veterans Resource Fair and appreciation event. The fair provides services and resources for servicemembers and veterans.
“I have made it a priority to be an advocate for veterans and their families in the United States Congress and we must ensure veterans receive the benefits they have earned through their service to our nation,” Bilirakis said in a media release.
According to the release:
The fair will be held at East Lake High School, 1300 Silver Eagle Drive, in Tarpon Springs. The resource fair runs from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. and the program will last from 1p.m.-2 p.m. The program will include a patriotic concert by the East Lake High School Band & Chorus.
“My office provides many important services for all veterans and their families in the Tampa Bay area,” Bilirakis said. “Whether it is providing assistance with VA claims or working with federal agencies to solve complex issues, my office is here to help.”
WHO: Rep. Gus Bilirakis, more than two dozen veterans organizations and agencies
WHAT: Military & Veterans Resource Fair
WHEN: Saturday, May 19, 2012; 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
WHERE: East Lake High School, 1300 Silver Eagle Drive, Tarpon Springs.