Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
3 Troops Killed In Afghanistan This Week
Posted Dec 8, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated Dec 8, 2012 at 05:44 PM
Three troops were killed in Afghanistan this week.
Sgt. 1st Class Darren M. Linde, 41, of Sidney, Mont., and Spc. Tyler J. Orgaard, 20, of Bismarck, N.D. died Dec. 3, in Lashkar Gah City, Helmand province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when enemy forces attacked their unit with an improvised explosive device. They were assigned to the 818th Engineer Company, 164th Engineer Battalion, Williston, N.D.
Lance Cpl. Anthony J. Denier, 26, of Mechanicville, N.Y., died Dec. 2, while conducting combat operations in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 3rd Battalion, 9th Marines, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.
There have now been 2,149 deaths in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, the nation’s longest war.