Most Recent Entries
- Cramming time for those casting ballots Election Day
- StPetePolls says Sink leading among early voters
- Update: Scott says he’d veto Az anti-gay rights bill
- Az anti-gay rights law enters Fl governor’s race
- Gaetz, Weatherford: No major environmental actions coming in session
- Chamber poll: Jolly over Sink 44-42
- Medical pot advocate upset over booze measures
- Buckhorn host Obamacare weekend sign-ups
- Tampa Chamber urges MacDill emphasis in D-13 race
- Mr. Crist Goes to Tallahassee
- ‘Cash balance’ state pension bill filed
- Polls show Sink leading in CD 13
- Crist files papers for re-election bid
- Senate President Gaetz backs medical pot bill
- Florida House members stay with parties on debt ceiling vote
2 Troops Died This Week In Afghanistan
Posted Nov 3, 2012 by Howard Altman
Updated Nov 3, 2012 at 07:36 PM
Two troops died this week in Afghanistan.
Petty Officer 2nd Class Matthew G. Kantor, 22, of Gillette, N.J., died supporting stability operations in Zabul, Afghanistan. Kantor was assigned to an East Coast-based Naval Special Warfare unit in Virginia Beach, Va.
Cpl. Alex F. Domion, 21, of Richfield Springs, N.Y., died Oct. 31, as a result of a non-combat related incident in Helmand province, Afghanistan. He was assigned to 2nd Combat Engineer Battalion, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C. This incident is under investigation.
There have now been 2,132 deaths in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, the nation’s longest war.