Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
Cheap feast at Midsommar buffet
Posted Jun 10, 2011 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 10, 2011 at 10:21 AM
Celebrate Summer and the Swedish tradition of welcoming it with a “Midsommar” buffet
On Friday, June 17, 2011 enjoy an all-you-can-eat Swedish buffet at Tampa’s IKEA.
• $2.49 for kids under 12
• $9.99 for adults
Prices include beverage of coffee, tea or fountain drink.
Seating is limited, advanced ticket sales are recommended. There are two seatings to choose from: 5-6:30 p.m. and 7-8:30 p.m.
Here are some menu highlights for this special event:
Assorted varieties Herring, hard-boiled eggs with shrimp, smoked salmon with horseradish sauce, whole poached salmon, cucumber salad, Rhode Island salad, Midsummer fruit salad, assorted Swedish cheeses, meatballs with lingonberries, Swedish ham with mustard, Prinskorv sausage and strawberries and whipped crème.