Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Whole Foods Kid’s Club program launches with free fun and games
Posted Jan 16, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 16, 2013 at 11:31 AM
The newly-opened Carrollwood Whole Foods Market will be launching its Kid’s Club program with lots of food, fun and games this Saturday from noon - 2 p.m.
During the festivities customers are invited to enjoy an afternoon of free family activities including:
• Kid-friendly food crafts
• Carnival-style games with prizes
• Healthy eating education
• Face painting
• Fire truck tours
• The first 100 kids will receive a reusable shopping bag filled with goodies
While at the event, or the next time you shop, be sure to enroll your kids in the rewards program. Registered children 12 and under get a free single-serve snack of their choice from the Kid’s Club Wagon every time they visit the store. As an added perk, enrolled families get special alerts to the store’s Kid’s Club events, which fill up quickly. Membership is free.
Kid’s Club events include cooking classes, crafts, healthy eating education and tours.
Whole Foods Market – Carrollwood is located at 3802 Northdale Blvd., Tampa. Before you head out, don’t forget to print your coupons.