Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
WaWa stores offer free hoagies, more at September blood drives
Posted Aug 28, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 28, 2013 at 12:46 PM
Florida Wawa stores will be boosting up the local blood supply with on-site blood drives from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of next week.
On Sept. 2, 3 and 4 selected WaWa locations will offer donation incentives including a coupon for a free Wawa hoagie and Wawa iced tea, plus two Fandango vouchers for free movie tickets. Eligible donors will also be entereted to win a Wawa summer gift basket.
Each donor is given a wellness check-up of blood pressure, pulse, temperature and iron count, including a cholesterol screening.
Generally, healthy people age 16 or older who weigh at least 110 pounds can donate blood.
For a list of participating locations, visit http://www.oneblood.org/promotions/202495-WaWa-Blood-Drive.stml.