Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
WaWa grand opening to offer free samples, giveaways, more
Posted Feb 6, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 8, 2013 at 04:52 PM
What’s all the fuss about WaWa?
We’ll find out soon in the Bay area with several grand openings scheduled.
The first up is at the location opening at 3101 Gandy Blvd., Pinellas Park, on Friday, Feb. 8.
Four other sites are slated to open before mid-March.
At 8 a.m. the doors officially open on the newest convenience store chain to enter the Tampa Bay market.
At the event shoppers will be treated to free samples, giveaways and deep disount specials on the store’s fresh food offerings.
For a limited time, six-inch hoagies will be only $2.99 for any variety, coffee will be free and fountain drinks and ICEEs will be 89 cents.
Hoagie varieties include beef cheesesteak, Philly cheesesteak, prime rib in gravy, pizza chicken cheesesteak and more.
The specials run from Feb. 8 through Feb. 17.