Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
- Dads eat free at PDQ on Father’s Day
- Dads treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Dads bowl free at Pin Chasers
- Dads admitted free to Florida Aquarium Father’s Day weekend
- Open a high-yield kid’s account, score a free zoo ticket
- Dads admitted free to Dinosaur World
WaWa grand opening to offer free samples, giveaways, more
Posted Feb 6, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 8, 2013 at 04:52 PM
What’s all the fuss about WaWa?
We’ll find out soon in the Bay area with several grand openings scheduled.
The first up is at the location opening at 3101 Gandy Blvd., Pinellas Park, on Friday, Feb. 8.
Four other sites are slated to open before mid-March.
At 8 a.m. the doors officially open on the newest convenience store chain to enter the Tampa Bay market.
At the event shoppers will be treated to free samples, giveaways and deep disount specials on the store’s fresh food offerings.
For a limited time, six-inch hoagies will be only $2.99 for any variety, coffee will be free and fountain drinks and ICEEs will be 89 cents.
Hoagie varieties include beef cheesesteak, Philly cheesesteak, prime rib in gravy, pizza chicken cheesesteak and more.
The specials run from Feb. 8 through Feb. 17.