Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
‘Waves of Honor’ discounted theme park tickets program expanded to include veterans
Posted Aug 20, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 20, 2013 at 10:55 AM
Active duty military families were already being treated to a free day at their choice of Sea World and Busch Gardens parks, but now the program has been expanded.
Now, military veterans can enjoy a day at one of the theme parks for 50 percent off daily admission for themselves and up to five friends and family members under the “Waves of Honor” program.
Qualified service members and veterans include active duty, retired, honorably separated officers and enlisted personnel of the U.S. military. The special offer provides 50 percent off single day admission to the SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Parks, and Sesame Place.
Tickets must be purchased by Nov. 11, 2013 in advance at http://www.wavesofhonor.com/specialoffer or at participating military bases and present valid military ID and proof of service. Tickets must be redeemed by Dec. 20, 2013.
“Waves of Honor” is a offer valid for one complimentary single-day admission per person, per year, to one of the following SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment parks:
- SeaWorld Orlando, San Diego, or San Antonio
- Busch Gardens Tampa Bay or Williamsburg
- Sesame Place
- Adventure Island
- Water Country USA
- Aquatica San Diego (weekdays only)
Any active duty, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman is entitled to a free one time admission for themselves and as many as three direct dependents.
Registration must be done in advance and offer cannot be claimed at the gate.
The offer expires December 31.
Regular advance purchase adult (ages 10 and up) tickets are $79 for a single-day visit.
For more information, visit the Wavesofhonor.com website.