Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Visit the zoo for just $6 per person
Posted Sep 3, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 3, 2013 at 01:06 PM
Super saver fans of the zoo have one last time to visit their favorite furry friends for only $6 in 2013.
Sunday, Sept. 15 is the last time the deal will be offered at Lowry Park Zoo for the calendar year.
Admission is just $6 from 9:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
That’s a considerable discount from the usual admission price of $24.95 for adults and $19.95 for kids ages 3 and up.
Free extra parking is available on $6 day only next to the Tampa Greyhound Track, located at 8300 N Nebraska Ave. Shuttles will run continuously from that lot between 9 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Please note: due to this special discount, zoo rides are not included with admission on $6 Day.
Lowry Park Zoo is located at 1101 W Sligh Ave., Tampa.
For more information about Lowry Park Zoo, visit their website at http://www.lowryparkzoo.com/.