Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
Visit Tampa Museum of Art for free on Friday
Posted Feb 12, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 12, 2013 at 01:33 PM
Enjoy a little culture for free on Friday night from 4 to 8 p.m. at Tampa Museum of Art.
The museum’s “Art on the House” program provides free admission for everyone during these specific hours each week.
The museum houses a permanent collection of Greek and Roman antiquities, paintings by William Pachner and Rockwell Kent, sculpture and more. Current exhibitions include American Art from the Phillips Collection “To See As Artists See,” Recent Acquisitions and Utility and Aesthetics in Ancient Art.
“Wild Roses” by Marsden Hartley, pictured above, will be part of “See as Artists See” exhibit.
The Tampa Museum of Art is at 120 W. Gasparilla Plaza, in downtown Tampa.