Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Celebrate Christmas like the pioneers at Pinellas fest
- Tour Christmas lights in the gardens
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
Visit outdoors expo free on Friday
Posted Feb 29, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 29, 2012 at 11:11 AM
The Tampa Tribune Outdoors Expo & Boat Show hosted by Frank Sargeant celebrates its 21st year with some new additions to its mix of shopping, presentations, outdoor experts, demonstrations, activities and family entertainment.
The Expo boasts 140,000 square feet of indoor exhibit space plus outdoor display areas and several lakes. This year will include dozens of boat dealers, and for the first time, a huge selection of personal watercraft, ATV’s, motorcycles and scooters. Also for the first time ever, there will be a stage devoted exclusively to boating concerns – from building a boat, to financing a boat, to servicing a boat.
Admission to the Expo is free for everyone on Friday, March 2. Admission for ages 13-and-up is only $8.00 on Saturday and Sunday. Parking at the Fairgrounds is $5.
Show hours are 1 p.m. - 8 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Sunday.
The State Fairgrounds are located east of Tampa near the junction of I-4 and I-75.
For more information and show schedule, visit http://promos.tbo.com/triboutdoorexpo/.