Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
- Moms bowl free at Splitsville
- Moms treated to free beignets at Second Line Cafe
- Head to Häagen Dazs on Tuesday for a free cone
- Moms treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Moms paint for free at Color Me Mine
Visit outdoors expo free on Friday
Posted Feb 29, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 29, 2012 at 11:11 AM
The Tampa Tribune Outdoors Expo & Boat Show hosted by Frank Sargeant celebrates its 21st year with some new additions to its mix of shopping, presentations, outdoor experts, demonstrations, activities and family entertainment.
The Expo boasts 140,000 square feet of indoor exhibit space plus outdoor display areas and several lakes. This year will include dozens of boat dealers, and for the first time, a huge selection of personal watercraft, ATV’s, motorcycles and scooters. Also for the first time ever, there will be a stage devoted exclusively to boating concerns – from building a boat, to financing a boat, to servicing a boat.
Admission to the Expo is free for everyone on Friday, March 2. Admission for ages 13-and-up is only $8.00 on Saturday and Sunday. Parking at the Fairgrounds is $5.
Show hours are 1 p.m. - 8 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Sunday.
The State Fairgrounds are located east of Tampa near the junction of I-4 and I-75.
For more information and show schedule, visit http://promos.tbo.com/triboutdoorexpo/.