Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Visit outdoors expo free on Friday
Posted Feb 29, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 29, 2012 at 11:11 AM
The Tampa Tribune Outdoors Expo & Boat Show hosted by Frank Sargeant celebrates its 21st year with some new additions to its mix of shopping, presentations, outdoor experts, demonstrations, activities and family entertainment.
The Expo boasts 140,000 square feet of indoor exhibit space plus outdoor display areas and several lakes. This year will include dozens of boat dealers, and for the first time, a huge selection of personal watercraft, ATV’s, motorcycles and scooters. Also for the first time ever, there will be a stage devoted exclusively to boating concerns – from building a boat, to financing a boat, to servicing a boat.
Admission to the Expo is free for everyone on Friday, March 2. Admission for ages 13-and-up is only $8.00 on Saturday and Sunday. Parking at the Fairgrounds is $5.
Show hours are 1 p.m. - 8 p.m. Friday; 10 a.m. - 7 p.m. Saturday; and 10 a.m. - 5 p.m. Sunday.
The State Fairgrounds are located east of Tampa near the junction of I-4 and I-75.
For more information and show schedule, visit http://promos.tbo.com/triboutdoorexpo/.