Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Visit MOSI for just $5
Posted Sep 13, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 13, 2013 at 01:05 PM
Tampa’s largest hands-on family-friendly science center; the Museum of Science and Industry is opening their doors to everyone for just $5.
On Saturday, Sept. 28 instead of paying $21.95 for adults, $19.95 for seniors 60 and older and $17.95 for kids ages 2 - 12; everyone just pays $5 for access from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Children under 2 are always admitted free.
The discounted admission price allows unlimited access to MOSI exhibit galleries, including “The Amazing You,” “Kids In Charge!,” the “Bioworks Butterfly Garden,” and more than 450 interactive exhibits. Also included is the IMAX DOME Theatre Film “Great White Shark.”
For more information on MOSI deals and discounts, visit their page at http://www.mosi.org/plan-your-visit/special-offers.aspx.
MOSI is located at 4801 E. Fowler Ave., Tampa.