Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
Visit MOSI for just $5
Posted Sep 13, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 13, 2013 at 01:05 PM
Tampa’s largest hands-on family-friendly science center; the Museum of Science and Industry is opening their doors to everyone for just $5.
On Saturday, Sept. 28 instead of paying $21.95 for adults, $19.95 for seniors 60 and older and $17.95 for kids ages 2 - 12; everyone just pays $5 for access from 9 a.m. until 6 p.m.
Children under 2 are always admitted free.
The discounted admission price allows unlimited access to MOSI exhibit galleries, including “The Amazing You,” “Kids In Charge!,” the “Bioworks Butterfly Garden,” and more than 450 interactive exhibits. Also included is the IMAX DOME Theatre Film “Great White Shark.”
For more information on MOSI deals and discounts, visit their page at http://www.mosi.org/plan-your-visit/special-offers.aspx.
MOSI is located at 4801 E. Fowler Ave., Tampa.