Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Visit Bok Tower Gardens for free on Museum Day Live!
Posted Sep 13, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 13, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Smithsonian Magazine is once again sponsoring free admission for a day to the nation’s arts and cultural attractions. The event, called Museum Day Live!, offers free admission for two per household.
On Saturday, Sept. 28 you can visit Bok Tower Gardens for free when you sign up in advance at http://boktowergardens.org/calendar/smithsonian-magazine-museum-day/.
Regular daily admission is $12 for adults and $3 for children.
During the week leading up the to event, the gardens are also offering free admission daily to children for “Take a Child Outside Week.” Tuesday, Sept. 24 - Saturday, Sept. 28 children are admitted free each day with a paid adult admission.
You do have to sign up in advance for the Smithsonian event, as a “ticket” good for two free admissions must be presented at the ticket counter. Visit http://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/ticket/ to reserve your free offer.
Bok Tower isn’t the only attraction on the list, many others are also participating. To see the list, visit http://www.smithsonianmag.com/museumday/ticket/.
Bok Tower Gardens is located at 1151 Tower Blvd, Lake Wales.