Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Trade your Gasparilla beads for a night of skating
Posted Jan 29, 2014 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 29, 2014 at 01:55 PM
Trade in your Gasparilla beads for a night of skating fun.
On Thursday, Jan. 30 from 6 - 8 p.m. everyone is admitted free at United Skates when they trade in at least a single strand of beads.
Skate rental is $3 - $4, but you are welcome to bring your own good-condition inline skates to use for free.
For more information, visit http://www.unitedskates.com/public/tampa/attractions/skating/special-events/index.cfm
United Skates is located at 5121 N. Armenia Ave, Tampa.