Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Tour Christmas lights in the gardens
Posted Dec 13, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 13, 2013 at 12:27 PM
Tour the Florida Botanical Gardens at night, by the glow of thousands of Christmas lights.
Holiday Lights in the Gardens takes place every evening beginning at 5:30 p.m. until Wednesday, Jan. 1.
The attraction is open until 9:30 p.m. each night.
In addition to laser lights, flora and fauna displays and decorated trees, there is a seven-foot gingerbread house with more than 600 lights, a 30-foot tall white swan and a five-foot tropical parrot have been added to the traditional array of light-lined paths.
Nightly free entertainment includes visits from Santa Claus.
Admission is $2 donation for ages 13 and older.
Florida Botanical Gardens is located at 12520 Ulmerton Rd., Largo
For more information, visit http://www.flbgfoundation.org/