Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
Tour a tall ship replica this weekend
Posted Jan 23, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 23, 2013 at 12:40 PM
The historic replica of the 122-foot sailing ship Lynx arrives in St. Petersburg on Friday (Jan. 25), for a four-day stay and the public is invited to board for tours.
The armed privateer will be docked at the Harborage Marina, 1110 Third St. S., St. Petersburg.
Tickets are $6 for adults. Children ages 4 - 12 are admitted for free.
The replica of the fast, armed privateer Lynx, which helped America win the War of 1812 against the British, offers tours by crew members who wear authentic maritime clothing from the early 1800s.
For ticket reservations, call (866) 446-5969 or visit the Lynx website to view tour schedule and purchase tickets.