Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Thursday night discounts at St. Pete museums
Posted Jan 15, 2014 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 15, 2014 at 10:40 AM
Don’t just curl up on the couch on Thursday nights, waiting for the weekend to come.
A couple of museums in St. Petersburg offer reduced admission and extended hours for Thursday night visitors.
Museum of Fine Arts http://www.fine-arts.org Is open until 8 p.m. on Thursdays (with admission reduced to just $5 after 5 p.m.)
Regular admission is $17 for adults, $15 for seniors 65 and older, military with ID; $10 for college students with current ID and youth (age 7 to 18). Children age 6 and younger are admitted free.
The museum is located at 255 Beach Drive N.E., St. Petersburg.
The Dali Museum http://www.thedali.org Thursdays after 5 p.m. admission is reduced to just $10. The museum is open until 8 p.m.
Regular admission is $21 for adults, $19 for senior citizens ages 65 and older and military, police, fire, educators (w/ID), $15 students ages 13-18 (18+ with ID) and $7 children ages 6 to 12. Children ages 5 and under are admitted free.
The museum is located at One Dali Boulevard, St. Petersburg.