Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
Teachers admitted free to MOSI in May
Posted May 1, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 1, 2013 at 08:57 AM
The Museum of Science and Industry is showing appreciation for teachers for the entire month of May.
Until May 31, any teacher with a valid Florida school ID can enjoy free admission to MOSI, plus a bag filled with goodies.
The goodie bag will be available while supplies last.
In addition to the general exhibits, teachers can visit Sea Monsters Revealed, an exhibition of the world’s largest plastinated sea creatures.
The preserved animals include a 6-foot-wide manta ray, a 15-foot-long mako shark, giant squid, and an 18-foot-long, 3,000 pound whale shark.
Only one free Sea Monsters/MOSI combo ticket per ID and may offer not be combined with other discounts.
The offer excludes IMAX films, special events, outside high ropes course and zip line.
The Museum of Science and Industry is located at 4801 E. Fowler Ave., Tampa.
For more information and other restrictions, visit http://mosi.org.