Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Target Red Card gives free money to school of your choice
Posted Aug 23, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 23, 2013 at 10:22 AM
Want to support your child’s K-12 school without spending a dime? Literally “target” your giving to the school from the Target Red Card.
Don’t have a Target Red Card? No problem, you can sign up for one next time you are at the register. It is not necessarily another credit card, you can also choose to have just an extension of your bank debit card. There are no fees when you choose this option and it earns you an automatic 5% off every time you use it at Target. You also get free shipping if you buy online at Target.com.
As a community initiative, they donate a percentage to local schools, up to 1% of your purchase - you just have to let them know which one you prefer.
If you already have your Red Card the number to call is 1-888-729-7331. Follow the prompts and choose the “other” option, you’ll then hear about choosing a school. It wants to know which city and school name.
To search for a school you are interested in and to see what benefits it has already been receiving, visit www-secure.target.com/redcard/.
Find out about this program at http://www.target.com/redcard/main.