Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
Posted Dec 11, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 11, 2013 at 01:44 PM
Don’t let the weather forecast fool you, Tampa is about to have a snow day.
Tampa was a winning city in a Twitter competition of those seeking a “Moment of Wonder.”
On Saturday, Dec. 14 from 1 - 6 p.m., McDonald’s McCafe will host a free Winter Wonderland event complete with real snow for this hot southern town.
The event will include giveaways, coupons and samples of white chocolate mochas on the Tampa Riverwalk next to the Convention Center.
Those attending the snow day can build snowmen, make snow angels and other frosty fun. A photographer will be on-site to send you home with photos of your snow day memories.
The Tampa Convention Center is located at 333 S. Franklin St., Tampa.