Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Tampa black history celebration features giveaways and more
Posted Feb 14, 2014 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 14, 2014 at 12:41 PM
Tampa Police Department is inviting residents to enjoy a day filled with entertainment, historical exhibits and more at its 26th Annual Black History Celebration. This year, the “Meet Me at the Park”
festival will take place at the Lowry Park Bandshell on Saturday, Feb. 15, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
The free event will feature a variety of interactive activities and giveaways for the entire family.
Kids can see emergency vehicles up close and watch demonstrations from the K-9 and bomb teams. Visitors will also have an opportunity to pet animals from Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo and win admission tickets to the zoo.
Local graffiti artist Chico Garcia will unveil his second installment of murals which pay tribute to former and current police staff.
Several non-profit agencies will be on hand to provide on-site health screenings, job search assistance and access to community resources.
Lowry Park Bandshell is located at 7525 North Blvd., Tampa.