Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Take a ghost tour of ‘haunted’ Tampa Theatre
Posted Oct 1, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 1, 2013 at 12:52 PM
Get in the Halloween “spirit” with a ghost tour at historic Tampa Theatre.
On Saturday, Oct. 19 90 minute tours will be led at 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. answering such questions as “who was Fink Finley?” and “why does the Lady in White still roam the mezzanine?”
Proclaimed to be “one of the most haunted buildings in town,” the theatre’s balcony-to-backstage tour will focus on the historic movie palace’s ghostly guests.
Tickets are $7.50 for adults and $5 for children ages 2 to 12. Space is limited.
For more scheduled tour dates, visit http://tampatheatre.org/balcony-to-backstage-tours/
Tampa Theatre is located at 711 N Franklin St, Tampa.