Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
Take a free guided tour of downtown Tampa
Posted Jan 25, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 28, 2013 at 01:57 PM
Free, guided “Do The Local Motion” walking tours are offered every other Friday from noon - 1 p.m. by the Tampa Downtown Partnership.
Interested walkers don’t need to RSVP, just show up and be ready to walk at the meeting place in Lykes Gaslight Square, on the corner of Kennedy Boulevard and Franklin Street.
A different route and theme is offered each time, with guest tour guides offering their unique insights.
For Friday, Feb. 1 the theme is black heritage in honor of Black History Month. Tour guides include James Tokley, the city’s first official Poet Laureate, Fred Hearns and Myron Jackson, cultural interpreters and local historians. The tour will include a stop at the Jackson House and two other significant locations.
The following Friday will be a specially rescheduled “Dance Walk,” Feb. 8.
For more information and a complete schedule of themes, visit DTLM Tours.