Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Students can ride all summer for just $30
Posted May 10, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 10, 2012 at 11:44 AM
For just $30, students can buy a “Summer Blast Pass” and ride HART to get to their jobs and elsewhere all summer long.
The Summer Blast Pass is on sale now, and may be used on any HART local bus route May 14 - Aug. 31.
Summer Blast Pass users must be between the ages of 5 and 17 and passes can be purchased at the following locations:
• Marion Transit Center, 1211 N. Marion St., Tampa. Monday - Friday, 6 a.m. - 5 pm.; and Saturday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
• HART on Franklin, 403 N. Franklin St., Tampa. Monday & Friday, 10 a.m. - 1 p.m.
• HART Ybor Office, 1201 E. Seventh Ave., Ybor City. Monday - Friday, 8 am. - 5 p.m.
• University Area Transit Center, 13110 N. 27th St., Tampa. Monday - Friday, 6 a.m. - 5 p.m.; and Saturday, 7 a.m. - 5 p.m.
HART Summer Blast Pass is not valid for use on HARTPlus or the TECO Line Streetcar System. Users must be between ages 5 and 17, and those ages 12 and younger must have an adult traveling with them.
Also, the first 1,000 Summer Blast passes purchased will include a voucher for one hour of free video game play at Game Time (formerly Gameworks) in Ybor City.