Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Streetcar Fest features 25 cent rides
Posted Oct 2, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 2, 2013 at 12:23 PM
Looking for a cheap way to spend a Tampa Saturday?
On Saturday, Oct. 12, tour the Ybor City district by hopping the streetcar line for just 25 cents a ride.
Fares normally cost about $1.25 - $2.50 each way.
From 10 a.m. until 1:30 a.m., enjoy live music and entertainment plus discounts and special offers from businesses along the streetcar line.
Visit Centennial Park and check out the Cupcake Festival and Saturday Market or make a stop at Centro Ybor and Dick Greco Plaza for live music and entertainment.
Scheduled acts include a Florida Aquarium animal presentation and bands Green Sunshine, The Distinguished Men of Brass and The Commoners.
Stop by the Centro Ybor information tent to pick up a Streetcar Fest brochure and receive a coupon for a free kid’s meal from Gametime, while supplies last.
For more information, locations of streetcar stops and a schedule of the events, visit http://www.tecolinestreetcar.org/news/streetcar_fest/
Centro Ybor is located at 1600 E 8th Ave, Tampa.