Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Stock up on Twinkies for just 50 cents
Posted Nov 23, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Nov 23, 2012 at 02:07 PM
A lot has been written recently about the demise of the Hostess Snack Cake brand.
Those who are nostalgic about the fluffy baked treats may want to stock up to get themselves through this difficult time, as the products become increasingly scarce.
Beginning Sunday, Nov. 25, select Bakery Outlet stores will be offering fresh single-serve packs of snack cakes, including Hostess Twinkies, CupCakes and a variety of Dolly Madison treats, for just 50 cents each.
The treats are available while supplies last.
Outlet locations will be open at 9 a.m. Sunday and will remain open during normal business hours until all products are sold out.
In the Bay area, we have three Bakery Outlet stores:
* 301 S Belcher Ave., Clearwater
* 1403 N Florida Ave., Lakeland
* 6912 Harney Road, Tampa