Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
Start your own edible garden with low-cost workshop
Posted Feb 27, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 27, 2013 at 01:02 PM
Williams-Sonoma will be offering a seed-starting workshop for those who are interested in starting their own edible garden.
On Sunday, March 17, the Old Hyde Park location, at 700 S. Village Cir., Tampa will host the workshop starting at noon.
The fee is $10 per person and includes heirloom seeds, starter pots and soil. You’ll go home with five seed starts for your edible garden.
This class will offer an introduction to edible gardening, including zones, seasons and successive plantings, as well as hands-on seed starting.