Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood during “12 Days of Giving,” score rewards
- Free Friday walking tour has a holiday theme
- Kids treated to free ‘meet and greet and eat’ with Santa at Lee Roy Selmon’s
- Celebrate Christmas like the pioneers at Pinellas fest
- Tour Christmas lights in the gardens
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
‘Sneak Peek Saturdays’ offers cheap look at crocodiles, more reptiles
Posted Apr 16, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 19, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Newly renovated Croc Encounters Reptile Park and Wildlife Center is reopened to the public for a series of discount ‘Sneak Peek Saturdays.’
On Saturdays, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., the public is invited to take a self-guided look at areas of the park as they are being finished during their facility renovation.
If you can pardon their dust, you can save at the ticket window.
Currently open are the alligator and crocodile ponds, tortoise exhibits and some smaller reptile displays.
The sanctuary also features a hands-on live animal encounter and a live alligator handling show.
The Saturday previews cost only $3 with a printable coupon available at http://crocencounters.com/sneakpeek.
Croc Encounters is at 8703 Bowles Road, Tampa.
For more information, call (813) 217-4400.