Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
‘Sneak Peek Saturdays’ offers cheap look at crocodiles, more reptiles
Posted Apr 16, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 19, 2013 at 12:12 PM
Newly renovated Croc Encounters Reptile Park and Wildlife Center is reopened to the public for a series of discount ‘Sneak Peek Saturdays.’
On Saturdays, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., the public is invited to take a self-guided look at areas of the park as they are being finished during their facility renovation.
If you can pardon their dust, you can save at the ticket window.
Currently open are the alligator and crocodile ponds, tortoise exhibits and some smaller reptile displays.
The sanctuary also features a hands-on live animal encounter and a live alligator handling show.
The Saturday previews cost only $3 with a printable coupon available at http://crocencounters.com/sneakpeek.
Croc Encounters is at 8703 Bowles Road, Tampa.
For more information, call (813) 217-4400.