Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Skip the crowds, save some money at zoo’s “Shriek Peek” weekend
Posted Sep 19, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 19, 2013 at 12:25 PM
If you can’t wait for Halloween, your early bird tendencies can pay off.
Those wishing to visit Lowry Park Zoo’s “Zoo Boo” event before the season really gets going can save money during the “Shriek Peek” weekend.
On Friday, Sept. 27 and Saturday, Sept. 28 from 7 - 11 p.m. everyone is admitted for only $12 and admission includes rides.
The regular admission price for the rest of the special engagement is $14 for children ages 3 - 11 and $18 for adults (ages 12 and up). Children ages 2 and younger are always admitted free.
Zoo Boo is a family Halloween event with various haunted areas ranging in scare intensity. There are also viewings of normally nocturnal animals and rides among a Halloween setting. The event takes place on the weekends and runs through Oct. 27. New this year is “French Quarter Phantoms 3D” which mimics a spooky New Orleans setting with a mysterious mansion, bayou and French Quarter.
Zoo Boo organizers do warn that the Shriek Peek weekend is a “soft opening” for the event and there may be technical difficulties or unexpectedly closed attractions. No refunds or rain checks will be issued in this instance.
For information, visit LowryParkZoo.com.
Lowry Park Zoo is located at 1101 W Sligh Ave, Tampa.