Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
Skate for free at Patriot Skate
Posted Sep 7, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 10, 2012 at 12:51 PM
On Tuesday, Sept. 11, celebrate our country with “Patriot Skate.”
Anyone wearing red, white or blue will be admitted free at United Skates of America. Skate rental costs $2, but you are permitted to bring your own skates to use for free.
No coupon is required to get the free admission deal, just wear patriotic colors.
Military personnel and their families will also be admitted free with valid military ID.
The skate session is from 6 to 8:30 p.m.
Regular admission for those not wearing red, white and blue or not a member of the military is $5.
United Skates is located at 5121 N. Armenia Ave. in Tampa.